In 1988, Bank Indonesia enacted a package of major banking reforms known as the ‘October 1988 Package’ or PAKTO 88. The main aim of PAKTO 88 was to encourage competition in the banking sector by lowering the barrier to entry, including the liberalization of the requirements for the establishment of new private domestic banks and joint-venture banks. As a result of this, Bank Danamon became among the first foreign exchange banks in Indonesia, and became a public company listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
Today, ‘Danamon’ is the brand name of Indonesia’s largest financial institution by number of employees – approximately 61,875 permanent and non permanent employees (including subsidiaries) at the end of September 2011; one which focuses on realizing its vision: “We Care and Enable Millions to Prosper”.
As one of the leading financial institution in Indonesia with more than 55 years of experience, and as Bank that endeavors to ‘make it happen’, demonstrating our brand promise, Danamon welcomes young professionals with dynamic personality, perseverance and creativity, to join as part of our excellent team as
- Support Team Leader during Process Improvement
- Maintain good relationships with other Departments in Bank
- Collect, review and decide data, recommend initiatives and solution design to Team Leader
- Lead a project when required.
- Education minimum Bachelor Degree in any background
- Work experience min. 3 years in Process Improvement in Banking
- Able to assigned projects and manage a small scale project
- Familiar with cycle time reduction of processes worked on and cost reduction on processes worked on
- Strong problem solving skill
- Good communication skills and a team player.
State the application code on your email subject. Only qualified candidates will be processed.