Citibank, a major international bank, is the consumer banking arm of financial services giant Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, later First National City Bank of New York. As of March 2010, Citigroup is the third largest bank holding company in the United States by total assets, after Bank of America and JP Morgan Chase.
Citibank has retail banking operations in more than 100 countries and territories around the world. More than half of its 1,400 offices are in the United States, mostly in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, D.C. and Miami. More recently, Citibank has expanded its operations in the Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, and Dallas metropolitan areas.
In addition to the standard banking transactions, Citibank offers insurance, credit cards and investment products. Their online services division is among the most successful in the field, claiming about 15 million users.
As a result of the global financial crisis of 2008–2009 and huge losses in the value of its subprime mortgage assets, Citibank was rescued by the U.S. government under plans agreed for Citigroup. On November 23, 2008, in addition to initial aid of $25 billion, a further $25 billion was invested in the corporation together with guarantees for risky assets amounting to $306 billion. Since this time, Citibank has repaid its government loans in full.
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. A career with Citibank has much to offer. Citibank provides professional challenges and opportunities to excel
in the world of banking. We are the most respected global financial services firm, with the broadest distribution, the best brand, and the broadest array of products.
Citi Indonesia Summer Internship Program Work Location Jakarta (Job Number: 12009933)
- Citi Indonesia, the most prestigious financial institution in Indonesia is inviting you to join Citi Summer Internship program. This is an opportunity to work with the best teams within Citi Indonesia where you will gain a good understanding about banking business from 'the best player in the field'.
- The Citi Indonesia Summer Internship Program is a 12-week long program conducted from mid-May to mid-August every year. Apart from on-the-job training in candidates' host business area, you will join other Summer Interns in an intensive training program that comprises orientation and induction sessions. We are looking for the candidates in their penultimate year with a Master's degree or Bachelor's degree from a reputable university. Fluency in English is necessary. In addition, candidates need to be an Indonesian citizen and/or have the authority to work in the location applied for.
- Final-year students (undergraduate or postgraduate) from reputable university
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 from 4.0 scale
- Any major is welcomed
- Proficiency in English
- Proactive, flexible attitude, able to multi-task, team-player, motivated and driven
- Monthly allowance
- Recommendation letter upon completion of program
- Networking possibilities
- Prepare regular reports of merchant acquiring and Rewards/Loyalty performance
- Prepare adhoc reports to support marketing programs
- Involve in the regional initiatives in related with data warehouse
- Create macro to improve the process performance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Good team player and individual contributor
- Understand loyalty will be a plus
- Good communication
- Ability to work with many departments